This policy applies to all our products, services, newsletters, emails, advertisements, public forms (including sign up and inquiry forms), website, apps, social media sites and affiliates, unless we say otherwise. To keep the policy short and sweet, when we state “services,” we’re referring to all the items just listed above. While someday Vital Farms could have operations outside of the U.S., we don’t right now, so this policy only refers to services provided in the United States.
Personal Information – Collection and Use
Let’s face it, like most companies, we collect information from you whenever you use Vital Farms services. This information is not only about you but also how you use our services.
When you register for an account, you agree to provide us with true, accurate, current and complete information. If it isn’t, we might close your account and not do business with you in the future (we really don’t want to have to do this!) When you create an account, make sure you create a username and password that is unique. Memorize them or keep them in a safe place, since we aren’t responsible if they get used without your permission.
Whenever you order Vital Farms Merchandise (check out our cool stuff here) you provide your name, billing address, shipping address, phone #, email address and purchased items. We store this information on a secure database on our servers here in the USA to keep it safe. We also collect payment information from you, like your credit card and expiration date, however this information is stored with a trusted third-party commerce company. Since we don’t ship outside of the United States, we don’t collect or store this information from non-U.S. residents.
We love hearing from our consumers and we often get emails, messages on social media, snail mail letters and phone calls. When this happens, we may use the personal information that you’ve provided to us in other contexts. But, rest assured, we won’t share your email address with any third parties.
Like most websites, the Vital Farms website does collect usage data, device data and referral data whenever you interact with it from any device. It stores (somewhat boring) stuff like the originating IP address, internet service provider, pages and files viewed, operating system versions, where you came from (such as another website or a link in an email). Why do we do this? To help make our site and your experience better.
We are pretty sure you want to keep your information private, so unless you decide to share your info with the online and real world (totally up to you), Vital Farms will not use the info you share with us in any way other than what we tell you here. We won’t sell your info to third parties. We only use the information that we collect from you in order to provide our services to you, such as responding to any contact forms, completing merchandise orders, and providing you with customer support and technical troubleshooting. We may also use your information to follow up with you regarding a transaction.
Internally, we may use your information for a few reasons. First, we like to monitor, maintain and improve our services and features (pretty sure we mentioned that above). As a result, we may perform statistical and other analyses on the info we collect to measure user behavior and trends and understand how people use our page and services, and to monitor, troubleshoot and improve our services, including to help us evaluate and create new features, services or content. We use your info, along with info from all our other customers, to help keep our services secure and operational and for marketing, research and development purposes.
Sharing or Disclosing Your Data
We recognize that you are trusting us with keeping your information safe and private. That trust is important to us. We only share your information with our select service providers who help us provide our services to you. For example, we use payment processors who help us to process credit card transactions. While we do what we can to protect your information, the internet is not a 100% secure environment (as you probably know), and we cannot guarantee absolute security of the transmission or storage of your information. By using our services, you are saying it’s ok for Vital Farms to have a third party use your info so that we can provide services to you like processing credit card transactions..
So, when are some examples of when we may need to share your info?
- If the email address you have used in your account set up belongs to or is controlled by an organization (like your work email address), we may disclose that email address to that organization to help it understand who associated with the organization uses Vital Farms. We hope you don’t use your work email address for our services unless you are authorized to do so. If you do, you are agreeing that we can share it with the organization. We’d prefer not to get in the middle of things like this.
- We may lump your info with a bunch of other people’s info and share it with a third party to help improve or promote our services. Don’t worry, you can’t be identified or linked individually to any part of the info we share.
- We may share your information as required or allowed by law or when we believe that sharing is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena or other legal process served on us.
- If Vital Farms Inc. has a change in business ownership or structure or we undertake a corporate reorganization like merger or consolidation or acquisition or any other action or transfer between Vital Farms entities or affiliates, you are agreeing to Vital Farms transferring your information to the new owner or entity so that we (or the new owner) can continue to provide you services.
Your Rights to Your Info
Do you have rights to the information you share with us? Absolutely. You can:
- Update your registration and other account information.
- Access and correct your personal information. If you think we have incorrect information about you, you may have certain legal rights to get that info, access it, correct it, update it or delete it. There are some exceptions to these rights, such as where giving you access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals. Just reach out to our customer support team and we will help you to exercise your rights within a reasonable time if it is appropriate and practical to do so and where required by law.
- Delete your information. Deleting information will not permanently or immediately delete the info. If your data was previously made available to the public through a public link, additional copies of your data may remain available on the Internet even after your account has been deleted.
Generally, we keep your data to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements. Data that is deleted from our servers may remain as residual copies on offsite backup media for up to approximately twelve (12) months afterward. If you do not reside in the USA and you contact us, we will periodically delete the information from your contact, because our products and services are not available to you at this time.
What You Should Know About Cookies (We’re not talking about the edible kind)
Cookies are small bits of data we store on the device you use to access our services so we can recognize repeat users. Each cookie expires after a certain period of time, depending on what we use it for.
If you purchased something from our website (the merchandise is pretty sweet), when you signed up you created a username and password. Well, we may store your username and password in a cookie to make it quicker for you to sign in whenever you return to buy more things (you’re welcome!) We use these cookies to authenticate your identity (make sure you are you) and confirm whether you are currently logged into our website.
We, or our service providers or other third-parties we work with, may place cookies when you visit our website or when you open emails that we send you, in order to provide you with more tailored marketing content (about our services or other services) and to evaluate whether this content is useful or effective. If you don’t want to receive ads that are tailored to you based on your anonymous online activity, you may “opt out” of many of the companies that are involved in this tailoring by going to http://www.aboutads.info. Opting out this way does not mean you will not receive any ads, it just means that you will no longer receive ads from companies that have been tailoring them to you based on your activities and inferred preferences.
Lastly, we have implemented on our website and other services certain Google Analytics features that support display advertising, including retargeting. But you should know that visitors to our website may opt out of certain types of Google Analytics tracking, customize the Google Display Network ads by using the Google Ads Settings and learn more about how Google serves ads by viewing its Customer Ads Help Center. If you do not wish to participate in Google Analytics, you may download the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. You can also learn more about Google’s advertising principals at
You can also choose to remove or disable cookies via your browser. Every browser is different, so refer to your web browser’s configuration document to learn how to do it. But, please note that by removing cookies it may negatively impact your ability to use our services. Using cookies ensures a smoother experience on our website, so you might have a less than optimal one without them.
Have you heard of the CAN-SPAM Act? Well, it’s a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations. We collect your email address in order to send information, respond to inquiries and other requests or questions.
To be in accordance with CAN SPAM, we agree to:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify a message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters (it would be silly not to)
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if we use one
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
If at any time you want to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email. We will do our best to quickly remove you from all correspondence.
We have a Children’s Policy. You should know that our website is not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, please do not provide any information on this website and instead go talk to your parents about internet safety.
Other Stuff You Should Know (Policy Changes, Security, and so on)
We already mentioned that we take seriously the security of your personal information and data. You should know, however, that regardless of the security protections and precautions we take, there is always a risk that your personal data may be viewed and used by an unauthorized third party as a result of sharing your data through the internet. If you have any questions about this, again, please give our customer care a call.
We do not process or comply with any web browser’s “do not track” signal or other similar mechanisms that indicate a request to disable online tracking of individual users who visit our website or use our services.
Go ahead and contact us if you have questions or just want to say “Hi!” Here’s the best way to reach us:
Vital Farms Inc.
3601 S. Congress Ave, Suite C100
Austin, Texas 78704
Last updated: October 4, 2019.